Immigration, Visa and Foreigner’s Registration & Tracking(IVFRT)
Under the National e-Governance Project (NeGP), Ministry of Home Affairs has taken up the project Immigration, Visa and Foreigners Registration & Tracking (IVFRT) as one of the MMPs. This project intends to perk up and upgrade the immigration services. An amount of Rs.1,011 crore has been sanctioned by the Planning Commission for the accomplishment of the project. The key objective of the project is to assist the travellers by developing a safe and incorporated service delivery framework that facilitates legitimate travellers. The MMP is aimed to be delivered through an integrated network of 169 Missions, 77 ICPs (Immigration Check Posts), 5 FRROs (Foreigners Regional Registration Offices), and FROs (Foreigners Registration Offices) in the State/District Headquarters. All these will enable substantiation of the traveller’s identity with the use of biometrics and data scanners and at the same time ensuring efficient sharing of information.
In order to reorganize and integrate the Visa, Immigration and Foreigners Registration and Tracking processes a total of 37 services, including 9 core services, are to be covered under MMP These core services include:
- On-line appointments, application status tracking, feedback and grievance redressal
- Document verification and authentication services to the Mission, Immigration and FRRO
- Effective facilitation of travellers at Immigration
- Facilitation services to the traveller by providing multi-channel access to relevant information and submission of forms
- Visa Issuance service
- Integrated Database of ‘unique case files’ travellers for effective collection and dissemination of traveller information
- Alert generation and dissemination service
- Effective targeted intervention through an integrated approach to profiling, risk assessment and watch-listing
- Inter-agency information and alert sharing services
The whole MMP will be implemented in 2 distinct phases. In the phase I of the project, spanning from April, 2010 to June, 2011, there are plans to establish 2 Missions (Dhaka, Bangladesh (High application volumes / large number of overstay cases/ operational bottlenecks that need to be streamlined) and London, UK), 4 ICPs (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Haridaspur) and 3 FRROs (Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata). Also, 139 e-Passport Reading Machines (e-PRMs) have been procured for installation at the Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai Airport ICPs during the first phase of the project. So far, the computerization and networking of 42 ICPs is progressing satisfactorily, and the hardware has been delivered to 25 ICP sites and a local area network is now in place at 11 other ICPs.
The second phase of the project would likely to cover all other missions in India and abroad. It is expected to take-off from July 2011and is likely to get finished by September, 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is eGovReach?
|eGovReach is an initiative of NASSCOM to foster closer interaction and connect between Government and Industry,
on eGovernance initiatives. eGovReach will host an interactive portal, to connect Government customers in India, with IT
Industry partners, capable of delivering appropriate products, solutions and services. It will endeavor to foster
dialogue between Government and IndustryPartners on various eGov initiatives.
- What are the benefits?
|eGovReach will enable your organization to:
- Be part of an Industry Directory for eGovernance, hosted by NASSCOM
- Enable you to showcase your solutions and service portfolio
- Track Project opportunities and also explore avenues for partnerships/consortium
- Obtain leads for upcoming projects/tenders in different states
- Sign-up for Mentorship - special benefit for SMEs
- Who should register on eGovReach?
|Any IT solution/ service provider with interest in offering solution/ services to central/ state/ local governments in India, could register on this platform.
- What are the objectives of eGovreach Portal?
|eGovReach will enable your organization to:
- Enable industry partnership by hosting a common platform for eGovernance solutions and service providers
- eGovernance updates of Central and state IT departments
- Directory of industry solutions and service providers and their areas of expertise
- Showcase successful eGovernance solutions to facilitate replication
- >Enable linkages between government customers and solution providers across the country
- Facilitate Leads for solution providers
- eGov Mentorship Programme – For SMEs
- How can I register on the platform?
- Does my company have to be a NASSCOM member to register on eGovReach ?
||Membership in NASSCOM, is not a pre-requisite for registering and availing the benefits of eGovReach Portal. However we encourage you to consider becoming a NASSCOM Member, and avail those benefits too.
- Is there a Registration Fee ?
||There is no registration fee for both Company Registration and User Registration.
- By Registering on eGovReach, will my company get empanelled for eGovernance Business?
|NASSCOM ® is the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT-BPO industry in India, and not a Government Agency for eGovernance Procurement. While NASSCOM will endeavor to popularize eGovReach and the directory of companies registered, empanelment and selection for eGovernance Projects is an independent process, which the respective Government entity will undertake, according to their selection criteria.
- Once my Company registers, and uploads all requested information, when can I see my company information on the portal ?
|The company profile will go through a preliminary verification, approval process by NASSCOM Team, before the registration is accepted.
- To successfully complete the registration, what information about my company, should I be ready with?
|For successful completion of the registration process, you should be ready with the following information
- Company Name and Contact Details( Registered Address, email, Contact Name, Contact Number, and link to Company's Website, Facebook/ Twitter/ LinkedIn page)
- ROC or MCA Number (PAN/Sales Tax No. incase ROC or MCA number is not available)
- Contact Details of your other offices
- Information about the Company's Management (Number of employees, their role and sub role in the company, their contact details )
- Information regarding the Company's Revenue (Revenue Year, Revenue, Profit, and Net Worth)
- Area of expertise of the Company and type of e-governance solution offered
- Name and type of certification
- Who can I contact, if I have more queries or problems during registration?